What is a Sitemap?
A site map is like a map that allows you to see the overall structure of your site at a glance.
You probably have a website for your business or brand, and you probably could be utilizing it more. You might be aware of such possibilities, but you might not know where to start in implementing them.
Though your website’s design style is important to actively engage users, you have to make sure it can be found by them first! That’s where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) comes in handy.
Do I need a sitemap?
If your site’s pages are properly linked, Google can usually discover most of your site. Even so, a sitemap can improve the crawling of larger or more complex sites, or more specialized files.
Using a sitemap doesn’t guarantee that all the items in your sitemap will be crawled and indexed, as Google processes rely on complex algorithms to schedule crawling. However, in most cases, your site will benefit from having a sitemap, and you’ll never be penalized for having one.
sitexml.net is a new free online XML sitemap generator for Google image sitemap and video sitemap. It also supports xml sitemal validation and pinging for sitemap.
- Support create the standard XML sitemap format, Google image sitemap, Google video sitemap.
- XML Sitemap Validator to valid your sitemap formatted correct. Google image sitemap, Google video sitemap and Google news sitemap.
- Free sitemap pinging tool.
- Sitemap index tool to bundle your multiple sitemaps into one sitemap index.
Create an XML Sitemap Using sitexml.net
- Enter your site URL.
- Setting your sitemap by “options”.
- Click “Create” button and waiting a few minutes to completed.
- Download your created sitemap and upload it to the root directory of your site.
- Submit your have uploaded sitemap to Google and Bing by their webmaster tool. You also can using sitexml.net’s Sitemap Pinging tool to send to Google and Bing.
How to Submit Generated Sitemap File to Google/Bing
Upload your generated sitemap to the root of your website, then submit it to Google and Bing.
Add the sitemap url to your robots.txt file.
Sitemap: http://www.example.com/sitemap_1.xml Sitemap: http://www.example.com/sitemap_2.xml